Thursday, October 22, 2009

Roasted Pumpkin for dessert, yum!


The boys have been to 2 pumpkin patches and Owen just went again on a field trip and I was trying to find a different recipe to use up these pumpkins. I found this recipe on a blog (if it is you please let me know so I can give credit) and had to try it out on my little family. The boys thought it was okay but Brian and I thought it was a really yummy treat. Enjoy and let me know what you think after you try it!



Roasted pumpkin slices

1 small sugar or pie pumpkin
pinch kosher salt
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
4 tablespoons butter, melted
whipped cream (cool whip)

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut the pumpkin in half and remove the seeds and stem. Cut each half into wedges and use a knife to cut off the pumpkin fibers. Line up slices in a glass baking dish. Sprinkle with salt.

2. In a small bowl, combine sugar, spices, and melted butter. Spoon over pumpkin wedges and roast for 25-30 minutes, removing halfway through baking time and brush the pumpkin slices with the sugar mixture that has melted and collected in the bottom of the dish. Return to the oven and bake until pumpkin is fork tender. Garnish with cool whip.

1 comment:

khepworth said...

ewwwww. that does not sound good at all to me. But I'm the type of person who doesn't like squash either. Glad you found it to be tasty.