Saturday, October 31, 2009

Pumpkin Prayer Activity



My boys couldn't wait until daddy came home to carve pumpkins! I have done this pumpkin prayer for my boys, parties, and church. I hope you enjoy this activity with your kiddos too.

Owen was asking what sin meant and we said bad. The rest of the day he kept telling us that Miles was sinning!!



Dear God,

As I carve my pumpkin, help me say this prayer.

Open my mind so I can learn about You;
(Cut the top of the pumpkin)

Take away all my sin and forgive me for the wrong things I do;
(Clean out the inside)

Open my eyes so Your love I will see;
(Cut eyes shaped like hearts)

I'm sorry for turning my nose to all You've given me;
(Cut a nose in the shape of the cross)

Open my ears so Your word I will hear;
(Cut ears shaped like the Bible)

Open my mouth so I can tell others You're near;
(Cut mouth in the shape of a fish)

Let Your light shine in all I say and do! Amen.
(Place a candle and light)

No comments: