Monday, April 13, 2009

Obsessed...just a smidge


Clay Center has started curb recycling and of course I was super excited because I have nothing else to do around this house! :) It seems however that it is becoming a little bit of a problem in this household.

For instance Brian wants to help clean the kitchen, no problem, except he threw away ALL the recyclables that I was drying in the sink, ugh. That is the hardest part to recycling is the cleaning the containers out. I said why did you do that? Brian says I couldn't get a drink of water b/c their was so much in the sink. Okay so that is one example.

I almost get giddy thinking about how much I recycle. I am recycling toilet paper rolls, string cheese wrappers, and every scrap of paper I can find. It is getting pretty impressive if I do say so myself.

I have asked Brian for the past 2 weeks to take the trash out and he hasn't done it until this morning. But look, more recyclables than trash. Only three bags of trash in 2 weeks!! I am pretty proud.

However I should be cleaning my house, doing laundry, organizing kid clothes but wait that is an empty toilet paper roll. In the recycle it goes....

4 comments:

Hays Family 5 said...

Aren't you amazed at how much less trash you have? I am...we hardly have to take out the trash now that we are recycling! Kelli Hays

Unknown said...

LOL...I was the same way when we started about 6 months ago. We don't have to wash it out, though. This helps, I rinse things but do NOT go to any extra work, in the bin it goes:) It does feel good to think that you are helping the environment in which our children and our grandkids, etc. are going to live in. Good job, Courtney!

khepworth said...

YOu are hardcore! I do what I can, but you are definitely doing your part.

Kara said...

Hey Courtney! You have gone nuts girl! Good job, keep up the recyling!