Monday, January 10, 2011

Please pray...

 Let me start from the beginning.

At the end of November beginning of December I felt a lump in my breast.   I nursed Lila from birth until she reached 7 1/2 months old.  We were told at her 6 month check up we needed to be supplementing her with formula.  My breasts were starting to go down to regular size when I felt the lump.  I just assumed the lump was either a clogged milk duct from drying up or the start of mastitis.  So after 1 1/2 months of the lump not going away we felt we needed to follow up with a Dr.  My neighbor and friend is a new Nurse practitioner and I saw her on January 3rd.  The nurse practitioner then scheduled me for an ultrasound the following morning at the local hospital.  The ultrasound found 3 lumps the first being 2 cm by 1.6 cm and the other two lumps are 1 cm. each.  I received a phone call shortly after from a Dr. in the same practice as the nurse practitioner.  She called to tell me that I would need a biopsy on the lump for more information.  On Friday, January 7th I had my breast biopsy.  The procedure was a little painful.  The radiologist numbed the area and stuck a large needle into the lump then another needle was inserted.  The second needle would remove tissue samples from the lump.  The radiologist removed 4 samples of tissue.  After the procedure the radiologist took my hand and told me that the tissue did appear to be cancer.  I looked at him in shock and just said matter of fact (Courtney style)  "You do realize I have 3 small children at home and they are my whole world!"  He replied that he was sorry but this wasn't his first time and he understands my pain.  He said it is 50-60% likely that it is breast cancer.  I look over at my husband who at this point is headed my way and all I can think about is how sad and devastated my husband looks.  I told him it would be okay we can get through anything.  We were told that the results would be back January 11th.  I have been praying hard that he is WRONG and that he made a mistake and that it is mastitis scar tissue but I don't know.

Please pray!!

12 comments:

Kara said...

I will do just that Courtney!
God has it all in His hands.

khepworth said...

:( You've been through a lot. Praying for you. xoxo ~k

{Darcy} @stanleyfamilyinthemaking.blogspot.com said...

Will be thinking about you today and tomorrow. While I don't know exactly what you are going through right now, I do know what it was like to have a mother with breast cancer. My mother was diagnosed with cancer when I was about 13 years old. After a long treatment of lumpectomies and radiation therapy, she was declared cancer free.

Please know that no matter what happens, you're not alone!

Praying for you, Darc

Lori said...

major prayers sent. I had some issues with my mammogram and went through those same fears, but at of yet they've yet to diagnose anything with me so I can't imagine how that next step would feel. I pray that you have the strength and support group needed to en dour this challenge. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

I had breast cancer 11 years ago and today I am without both breasts, but extremely healthy. The chemo was tough, but you survive. Do your research and ask many, many questions. It will be fine. Connie Baxter

Christie's Endless Craze said...

Praying for you and praying that you are the 40% that is benign. Please let me know if there is ANYTHING I can do.

welcome! said...

Prayers are being lifted up!! God is Awesome and can do amazing things! No matter what the outcome is have faith in God and he will lead you through anything!! With love, Jess

Kristyn @ Good Gravy Crafts said...

Oh Sweetie!! I will be praying for you and calling my other family members to keep you in their prayers as well.

Before Mommywood I was a Surgical Coordinator for a Breast CA surgeon. The biopsy you had done is painful, so I hope you are feeling better. If you need anything from me....let me know!!

I am PRAYING and sending you ((((((HUGS)))))))!
xx-Kristyn

Unknown said...

Courtney - Tim and I are keeping you in our prayers. If you need anything please let me know.

Kylee said...

Praying hard!!!! Remember still a 40% chance he could be wrong. A very strong, stubborn lady told me that one. You will conquer this obstacle just like you have all the others. Love you!!!!

Annie and Eric said...

Courtney, you are a strong person and one to not let anyone oranything stand in your way of having a wonderful life with your loving husband and 3 amazing kids! Remember the mantra that I live by,
You are not alone
You will get better!
I love this passage from Proverbs3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understading;
in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
We will continue to pray for you and love you!

Annie, Eric and Mason Hunt

Unknown said...

BIG HUGS and prayers coming to you Courtney!