Wednesday, January 12, 2011

HOPE!


Today I was diagnosed with Infiltrating Ductal Carcinoma another name for breast cancer.  I am 30 years old with 3 children the youngest not a year.  I had been waiting on the results since last Friday and got the call at 12:15pm from the clinic to come in at 1:30pm.  I hung up the phone and quickly called my husband as he was an hour away in Hiawatha working.  My in laws were eating at Nelson's Landing and they rushed over here too. 

 On our drive to the clinicI kept telling Brian that god was preparing me for this news.  I believe these are not coincidences but message from god.  The 1st one was 3-4 months ago when my mom was having an ultrasound on her breast (luckily it is nothing!) however I told her she shouldn't hide that kind of information from us girls because one of us could have cancer!   The second one is that my mother in law every year for the past 6 years has purchased a yearly calendar for me and this year is the only year that I have received that is dedicated to breast cancer.  So we were talking about this and we pull up to park and the car in front of us has a breast cancer license plate.  I know that God is here with me and will guide me through this journey and I love how he sends me messages.  So yesterday diagnosis day was 1-11-11 so I am praying that this is another message and that I only have stage 1 breast cancer.  We won't find out anything until I have surgery next week.  

Thank you, thank you for all your kind words and prayers!   I feel blessed to be going through this because I know that I have a HUGE network of family and friends willing and ready to do anything to help me or my family out. 

8 comments:

Lori said...

glad to hear you are not taking this diagnosis as the end, but as the beginning of a journey. And, that in some ways you've found some peace with it. You can fight it and come out stronger in the end

Kristyn @ Good Gravy Crafts said...

I am SO proud of you for starting this long road with optimism. It's VERY easy to retract and feel powerless, but you my "bloggy" friend are not. You will conquer this, you will beat this and you will have your family, friends and strangers to help you through.

My Mom is a 3x Cancer survivor and as I mentioned before, I worked with Breast CA patients prior to Mommywood. I have Faith that you will kick Cancer's arse!!!

Please, let us know how you are doing....sending ((((((BIG HUGS)))))

xx-Kristyn

annie said...

I love you, Court! I am so inspired by your strong will and always being positive about EVERYTHING! You will get through this, you will beat this! I am praying for you and your beautiful family!

Anonymous said...

Courtney, we're praying for you. God will carry you through. Jeremiah 32:27 says "I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is there anything too hard for me?"

I am also a mother of a 7- month old boy and I knew your boys through AWANA. I felt your pain and worries. But we will trust in Him!!!!

Rowena C.

Sue A . said...

Courtney, you are an amazing strong person and you will beat this disease. Stay strong and positive. And you are right it is a journey and one that I am so thankful that God gave me. I know that sounds weird but so much positive has came out of my cancer journey. It has been six years for me since my diagnosis of stage 4 tongue cancer that spread to my lymph nodes. Attitude is everything. You are a SURVIVOR!!! Sending hugs your way.

Unknown said...

Courtney, I'm sending hugs your way! Do you feel them? Cause I'm squeezing you pretty tight, lol. I love you! I know that you are one powerful little lady with some serious tude! You will get through this. If you need to talk you know where I am. It was so nice hearing your voice the other day...we should do that more! Anyway, you are in my prayers!!

Unknown said...

Praying for you Courtney! Your hubby is our family's eye doctor. God will carry you through. Keep your eyes on HIM!
Jen

welcome! said...

Wow Courtney!! You are so strong and such an inspiration to soo many women!! you have been on my heart and prayers constantly and will continue to pray for you and your family!!